Monday, October 22, 2007

Balinese Dances Performances in Singapore

Beauty of Balinese Dances ~ Legong and Taruna Jaya



A week had passed and life in Singapore is work and work and work, besides training up for the 42km Singapore Marathon in December 2007. Soon, I was back at the Esplanade again, watching the performance known as "Beauty of Balinese Dances ~ Legong and Taruna Jaya".


The DA:NS Festival had come to an end on 21st October, even though I was only able to catch two of the dance performances, it was an enriching and cultural learning experience for me with the opportunities to take more photographs. I would not consider myself an artistic person, nevertheless, I do appreciate, understand and learn about different races, people, cultures and their arts, an area that I developed when I was studying in Australia during my tertiary days whereby I mixed with many different nationalities from all over the world.


Back to the Balinese Dances, it was a beautiful performance, you can see their passion and love for their culture from the moves and eyes of the Balinese performers. I was only able to capture photos from the 1st performance time slot from 1815hrs to 1845hrs, nevertheless, it had left me a great impression, the charms and friendliness of Balinese Culture.





After the performance, I went down towards the basement and found a interesting and unique display of art works known as "Artventure". Do keep a lookout, coming in my next photojournalist reporting..............