Wednesday, October 31, 2007

60th SCC International Rugby 7s - 27th October 2007


I am suffering from Post Rugby World Cup 2007 after Springboks won but I was saved by the Rugby 7s competition organised by Singapore Cricket Club.

The Singapore Cricket Club International Rugby 7s competition had always been a world class Rugby 7s event and there were many great teams invited from many different countries coming down to Singapore for 2 days of great rugby action and festival.

I was there on the 27th October, Day 1 of the competition and had lots of fun taking high speed and crunching rugby sports action. It was another wonderful sporting event for me to hone my telephoto and sports photography action further. Since I was sitting behind the goal posts, my telephoto lense has its limitations. Nevertheless, I learned to appreciate my EF 70-200mm F4 L even better than before and I am looking foward to bring sports photography to newer heights.

Ladies and Gentlemen, presenting SCC 7s Rugby 2007 :

Oriental Rongatai vs Singa Lions


Ponsonby vs Mendee Minjals



Davetalevu vs Impala





I was planning to go on the 28th October for Day 2 but I was too tired after finishing a hot 15km New Balance Real Run in the morning. I looked foward to more sports action photography whenever the opportunities arises. Disappointed not to catch further adrenaline sporting action but I was very happy with my action photos from Day 1.

More photos of the various competing teams would be uploaded shortly. Do stay tune !

p/s: I would send in selected photos for the SCC 7s photography competition for the Action category. It would be updated and uploaded at a later point in time.