Sunday, March 02, 2008

Dragon Scout Group Investiture Ceremony 2008

On 1st March 2008, Gan Eng Seng Dragon Scout Group held its annual investiture ceremony for its new members to our new family, the Secondary Ones and the Cub Scouts from Radin Mas and Gan Eng Seng Primary.

A bit of history lesson for my readers, my relationship with Dragon Scout Group dates back to 1990, when I entered Gan Eng Seng School and joined the Scouts as my uniform group and it was an era of lots of fun, outdoor activities, personal development growth and character building. Today, I come back as a Dragon Chapter member a.k.a. Old Boy.

The past few years investiture and group photo taking was covered by me and it was an honour to be able to contribute back to Dragon Scout Group. One of my best time was helping in our 85th Anniversary Celebrations in the Year 2007.


Reaching there in the morning, we had the Flag Break ceremony and everything was going in order and timing until rain starts pouring down. We had to move up to the hall for the wet weather program and proceeded with the investiture ceremony there, along with the parents of the Secondary Ones and Primary Schools.


As it was still raining, the program was switched and the boys and girls watched videos and presentation of our 85th Anniversary Hawaiian Exchange and Mount Kinabalu trips events. Please do drop by my previous links below and read about some of our 85th Anniversary Celebrations !



With the rain still ongoing, we switched the location for the Group Photo taking, and I had to thank all the leaders and ventures, that helped to setup the new tables and benches for the Group Photo shoot. Especially thanks to Ganesh for the direction of the boys and girls to the tables and benches. It was lots of fun especially with Wei Bin and Moo Teng playing around with my remote control and taking photos of themselves.





After the photo taking, there were games and food for all, before the event ends for all with the Flag Lowering Ceremony. It was great to be back with Dragon Scout Group, something that still holds a special place in my heart till today.

Onward Dragon Scout Group !