Monday, January 28, 2008

Wedding Dinner & Solemnisation of my old friend at Seafood Villa Galleria, Labrador Park

My old friend from my UQ days, house mate, Matthew, knew him since 1999, got married on 26th January 2008. I was invited by him to his solemnisation ceremony and wedding dinner at Seafood Villa Galleria located at Labrador Park, operated by Singapore Explorer.



It was an honour to be invited to his wedding because it was kept small and special, only close friends and relatives were invited. When Matthew asked me to be his ROM solemnisation ceremony and dinner photographer, I agreed without hesitation. I do not actively accept and take up wedding assignments even though I had the experience to do so. However, for an old friend who put so much trust in my photography skills and expertise, I had to do something special for him.

There I was, ready to make sure everything goes well for Matthew and Chen Mei, his lovely wife. I arrived at about an hour earlier, preparing my equipment setup and getting the couple to walk around and take photos of the couple at the beautiful restaurant. This would add up to their portfolio as they had not taken their pre-wedding photoshoot yet. Thereafter, the couple took photos with their family and relatives at the restaurant compound. Soon, the close friends started streaming in and it was getting lively with the beautiful sunset settling in.


Once the crowds settled in, we strolled down the steps to the small pool with a beautiful glasshouse in the middle, where the ROM solemnisation ceremony was held. Most of the friends and relatives managed to squeeze inside the beautiful glassroom to witness the exchange of vows and rings, officiated and witnessed by a Justice of Peace. Everybody there was happy for the couple !



After the ROM ceremony, the crowds stayed around the pool area, enjoying and catching old friendship and relaxing with the couple and friends. Soon, we moved up to the restaurant for the wedding dinner. It was 8 course dinner and I had to say, the selection of dishes were really awesome and unique, not the type of "normal or standard" wedding dinner menu you would find in a hotel ballroom.



The wedding dinner was very different, very cosy and friendly and all of us there were very happy for Matthew and Chen Mei. Lots of interaction, great food and relaxing pace.

Wishing Matthew & Chen Mei all the best in their new life ahead !