Friday, June 09, 2006

My first photoshoot assignment !

8th June 2006

On this day, I took my first step into the world of semi-professional photography. I was very honoured to be asked by my old friend, Edwin, to take protrait photos of the clinic's patients (consisting of their family members, relatives, friends) that would be displayed in their lounge area.

First and foremost, let me introduce this dental clinic

Smile Arts Dental Studio
Block 81 #01-632
Marine Parade Central
Singapore 440081
Tel: 6348 0824 Fax: 6348 0139
Email: smilearts@gmail.com


Before going over on 8th June, I went and consulted my "teachers"; Jeff from The Photographers Gallery, Big Cousin Choo Eng and Daniel from The Camera Workshop. They were very helpful to guide me on photography techniques for this particular kind of assignments. A big thanks to Jeff for calibrating my laptop.

On the assignment itself, it was really fun shooting beautiful people with their lovely faces along with a big smile and great set of teeth ! It was a challenge to take the photos while trying to make them relax and give me a big smile. After a while, it was easier as the models and myself were more relaxed.

At the end, it was really fun and enjoyable. I would really like to thank the "models" for gracing the occasion and be part of Smile Arts Dental Studio and my first photography assignment so memorable !